Podcasts are becoming more popular now than they ever have been. Podbuzzz is a service for helping podcasters to track their reviews and imporove SEO to reach a wider audience. In this episode we spoke with Kyle Martin about his experience using Python to build Podbuzzz and manage it in production.
- Hello and welcome to Podcast.__init__, the podcast about Python and the people who make it great.
- I would like to thank everyone who has donated to the show. Your contributions help us make the show sustainable.
- You need a place to run your awesome new Python apps, so check out our sponsor Linode at linode.com/podcastinit and get a $20 credit to try out their fast and reliable Linux virtual servers for your next project.
- You want to make sure your apps are error-free so give our next sponsor, Rollbar, a look. Rollbar is a service for tracking and aggregating your application errors so that you can find and fix the bugs in your application before your users notice they exist. Use the link rollbar.com/podcastinit to get 90 days and 300,000 errors for free on their bootstrap plan.
- Visit our site to subscribe to our show, sign up for our newsletter, read the show notes, and get in touch.
- By leaving a review on iTunes, or Google Play Music it becomes easier for other people to find us.
- Join our community! Visit discourse.pythonpodcast.com to help us grow and connect our wonderful audience.
- Your hosts as usual are Tobias Macey and Chris Patti
- Today we're interviewing Kyle Martin about Podbuzzz
I’m excited to tell you about a new sponsor of the show, Rollbar.
One of the frustrating things about being a developer, is dealing with errors… (sigh)
- Relying on users to report errors
- Digging thru log files trying to debug issues
- A million alerts flooding your inbox ruining your day...
We have a special offer for Podcast.__init__ listeners. Go to rollbar.com/podcastinit, signup, and get the Bootstrap Plan free for 90 days. That's 300,000 errors tracked for free.Loved by developers at awesome companies like Heroku, Twilio, Kayak, Instacart, Zendesk, Twitch and more. Help support Podcast.__init__ and give Rollbar a try a today. Go to rollbar.com/podcastinit
Interview with Kyle Martin
- How did you get introduced to Python? - Chris
- Can you start by explaining what Podbuzz is? - Tobias
- Why did you end up choosing Python as the language for building thx#is service? - Tobias
- What have been the biggest engineering challenges in building Podbuzzz? - Tobias
- How did you conceive of the idea to build Podbuzzz and what inspired you to provide it as a service? - Tobias
- Part of the service that you are building is a widget that encourages listeners to rate a podcast on iTunes. Why is that important and what are some of the techniques that you have leveraged to determine the most effective messaging? - Tobias
- What are some of the features that you plan on adding to your service? - Tobias
- Do you intend to run Podbuzzz as a side project or do you envision it becoming a company with its own staff? - Tobias
- In addition to your work with Podbuzzz as a way for podcasters to gain visibility for their shows, you're also working on an analytics platform for the same target audience. Can you explain a bit about that and the problems that you've had to overcome? - Tobias
- What is it about podcasting that makes it hard to gain useful metrics and what is your strategy for overcoming some of those obstacles? - Tobias
Keep In Touch